Healthy Indonesian Fried Rice with Vegetables – Eat Pray Workout
Did I hear you ask for a scrumptious, simple, minimal prep one pan dinner? Effectively right here it’s! Rising up in my home, fried rice was a staple, and all the time a favorite. Now I’m the prepare dinner in my very own home and it’s nonetheless a favorite! I like indonesian fried rice with greens as a result of it’s such a terrific, simple household meal. It’s easy sufficient for Finn to assist me prepare dinner and he’s nonetheless excited to eat it for lunch the following day too.
The perfect half about this recipe? It’s all cooked in a single pan (apart from the rice), which is my favorite solution to prepare dinner.
Historically, this meal might have been low on the dietary scale. Assume jasmine rice (nutritionally empty), sodium laden soy sauce and bacon, with some frozen peas and corn. My model has had a little bit of a makeover. It makes use of brown rice which boosts the fibre consumption, has an enormous hit of protein and a wide range of contemporary veg. You don’t must observe my recipe to the tee, you may actually use no matter greens you could have within the backside of your fridge. Be sure to lower the fats from the bacon and the pores and skin off the hen to cut back the saturated fats. Additionally, to observe your salt consumption use a decreased salt number of the ketjap manis (and even depart the bacon out if want be).
Straightforward peasy weeknight dinner right here we come!
Indonesian Fried Rice with Greens
Creator: Amy Darcy
Recipe kind: Dinner
Prepare dinner time:
Serves: Four-5 serves
- 1 ½ cups brown rice, cooked as per packet directions (measure when rice is
- 1 tbs further virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs garlic infused further virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- Four rashers of bacon, fats eliminated and diced 1cm cubes
- Four medium hen breasts, diced 1cm cubes
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges
- 2 eggs
- 50 g tomato paste
- ½ cup ketjap manis (a candy soy sauce)
- 2 spring onions, inexperienced components solely, sliced finely
- 1 lengthy pink chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- three stems of celery, finely chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
- Warmth the olive oil in a pan on medium warmth. Add the carrot and prepare dinner for five
- Add the garlic and prepare dinner for 1 minute.
- Enhance the warmth to excessive and add the hen and bacon and prepare dinner for five
- minutes or till cooked by means of, stirring commonly.
- Push every thing within the pan to at least one facet to make room to prepare dinner the eggs. Let
- them set for 30 seconds after which scramble and blend all through the meat
- and greens.
- Add the rice, tomato paste and ketjap manis. Return to low warmth and add
- bok choy, spring onions, lengthy pink chilli.
- Prime with roasted cashews and serve with lime wedges.